The Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office Explorer Post 556 is a member of the Boy Scouts of America and adheres to the principles set forth by the Boy Scouts of America Explorer programs across the nation.
The Explorers meet and compete in training events such as traffic stops, hostage negotiation training, search techniques, proper procedures for arrest, etc.
To become an Explorer you must:
• Have completed the 8th grade and are 14 years of age
• Must be in good physical condition
• Must be enrolled in school and maintain a 2.5 grade point average
• Must complete the HCSO background check
• Obtain a letter of recommendation from your school
The Explorers meet every other Monday at 7:00 P.M.
For more information on becoming an Explorer, please contact Sgt. Emily Lumpkin at (386) 792-1001.